Home schooling is an unconventional choice of education.
Choosing to home school your child instead of sending him or her to school is an example of an unconventional schooling choice that is different from the norm.
(comparative more unconventional, superlative most unconventional)
- Something or someone that is unconventional.
- I've asked someone to call you and provide you instructions on how to get here using a few unconventional routes.
- His unconventional preaching shocked the more staid members of the flock, but filled the church to overflowing with people unaccustomed to churchgoing.
- This writing is so singularly frank and unconventional that its drift is not at once apparent to the literary student.
- Baden-Powell had throughout shown a bold front and by his unconventional gaiety as well as his military measures had held off the assault until the last.
- His life was a poet's life from first to last - free, unworldly, unhurried, unconventional, unselfish, and was contentedly and joyously lived.