- The definition of torn is ripped or shredded.
An example of torn used as an adjective is the phrase "torn jeans," which means jeans with holes in them.
- Torn is defined as to have ripped or shredded something in the past.
An example of torn is to have gotten a hole in one's pants yesterday.
Past participle of tear1
- Past participle of tear (rip, rend, speed).
- Your dress is torn and you're bleeding.
- You were lucky and there was no torn tissue or fractures.
- They have torn my body.
- It was dead, its throat torn viciously.
- "A million all but one!" replied a waggish soldier in a torn coat, with a wink, and passed on followed by another, an old man.