Tex is Texas.
An example of Tex is the state in which Houston is located.
tex - Computer Definition
(Greek letters tai epsion chi) A typesetting language developed by Stanford professor Donald Knuth that is noted for its ability to describe elaborate scientific formulas. Pronounced "tek," TeX is widely used for mathematical book publishing throughout the world. Knuth created the first prototype of TeX in 1978 to avoid having to continue using the Unix troff program to typeset his book series, "The Art of Computer Programming." It took eight years of writing and revising to complete the language. Available for DOS, Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux and other platforms, visit the TeX User Group at www.tug.org for more information. See LaTeX.
- Serve light finger food with Tex Mex flair such as guacamole, tortilla chips, taquitos and empanadas.
- Dane then played Charles "Tex" Watson in Helter Skelter, a movie based on the Charles Manson murders.
- Can., Alaska, Wash., Or., Cal., Ariz., Mex.; Attacapan, La.; Beothukan, Nova North Scotia; Caddoan, Tex., Neb., Dak.; Chimakuan, Wash.; Chimarikan, N.
- Cal.; Coahuiltecan, Tex.; Copehan, N.
- Col.; Takilman, Or.; Tanyoan, Mex.; Timuquanan, Fla.; Tonikan, Miss.; Tonkawan, Tex.; Uchean, Ga.; Waiilatpuan, Or.; Wakashan, Vancouver I.; Washoan, Nev.; Weitspekan, Or.; Wishoskan, Cal.; Yakonan, Or.; Yanan, Or.; Yukian, Cal.; Yuman, L.