- the state or quality of being superior, or higher, greater, better, etc.
- pl. -·ties an instance of this
Superiority is the state of being greater or better than something or someone else.
An example of superiority is a restaurant being the highest ranked on Yelp.
- the state of being superior
- Many colleges want to achieve football superiority.
- The moral superiority of Christianity to paganism was speedily obvious.
- "there is nothing in his remains to show that he possessed any real superiority either of intellect or knowledge, or even any remarkable brilliancy of expression."
- The British oak grows well in the northern and middle states of America; and, from the superiority of the wood to that of Q.
- Crushed, in order that the imperial authority and the superiority of Shoan over Tigrin arms might be the more strikingly asserted.
- There is no idea of government, but in each sept there is a head, who has attained that position by degrees on account of some tacitly admitted superiority and commands a limited respect and some obedience.