- the act of killing oneself intentionally
- ruin of one's interests or prospects through one's own actions, policies, etc.
- a person who commits suicide
Origin of suicideClassical Latin sui, of oneself ( from Indo-European an unverified form sewe-, reflexive pronoun from base an unverified form se-, apart from source Old English swæs, own) + -cide
intransitive verb-·cid·ed, -·cid·ing
- of or relating to the act or an instance of suicide: a suicide note
- of or relating to a terrorist act intended to result in the death of the person carrying it out: a suicide bomber