- Historical an effervescent solution of water, acid, and sodium bicarbonate
- water charged under pressure with carbon dioxide gas, used in ice-cream sodas or as a chaser or mix
- soda pop
soda watersoda water
- carbonated water, water that has carbon dioxide dissolved in it and has been stored under pressure in a bottle. Usually mixed before drinking with another beverage.
- "Scotch and soda" - a mixture of Scotch whisky and soda water.
From sodium bicarbonate, originally a constituent of soda water.
- The treatment is far from satisfactory, and consists in keeping up the strength and diluting the poison in the blood and in the urine by the administration of bland fluids, such as soda-water, milk and plain water, in quantities as large as possible.