- simple past tense and past participle of snap
The tree snapped when the hurricane came through.
- An example of snapped is a branch that has been broken by being stepped on.
- An example of snapped is someone having suddenly yelled at another person.
- An example of snapped is a dog having bitten a child for pulling its tail.
Snapped is suddenly broken, sharply spoken or suddenly bitten.
- He snapped his fingers in front of her face.
- She gaped up at him and then snapped her jaws shut.
- She flicked the whip so that the end of it snapped on his shoulder - a warning, no more.
- "Good night," he said as he snapped off the light.
- "Nonsense!" snapped the tired Wizard.