The skillful concert violinist has had formal training and several years of experience.
A person who plays the piano extremely well is an example of someone who would be described as a skillful piano player.
- Possessing or exercising skill; expert. See Synonyms at proficient.
- Characterized by, exhibiting, or requiring skill: a skillful ascent of the summit.
- There was a kudos system which rewards players for skillful driving during a race.
- The other is made of artificial flowers, shaped and colored by a skillful artist.
- "A skillful commander?" replied Pierre.
- I think I shall keep this Wizard until a new Sorcerer is ready to pick, for he seems quite skillful and may be of use to us.
- "And they say he's a skillful commander," rejoined Pierre.