An example of serpentine is the character Voldemort from the Harry Potter series.
An example of serpentine is a rope that's coiled like a snake.
An example of a serpentine is a popular stone made into beads and used for jewelry.
- Evilly cunning or subtle; treacherous.
- Coiled or twisted; winding.
There are serpentine species of lizards which do not have legs.
Origin of serpentine
- Middle English from Old French serpentin from Late Latin serpentīnus from Latin serpēns serpent- serpent serpent
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Latin serpentÄ«nus, from serpÄ“ns (“serpent").
- From resemblance to a serpent's skin.