Tyrell has just enough self-assertion to look confident and knowledgeable without coming off as arrogant.
When you are not afraid to speak up for yourself, share your ideas and ask for what you want, this is an example of self-assertion.
- He begins by finding an ultimate opposition between the instincts of self-assertion and instincts which secure the production and protection of the coming generation even in the infra-ethical world with which biology deals.
- "At this time," wrote Burke, in words of manly self-assertion, thirteen years afterwards, "having a momentary lead (1780-1782), so aided and so encouraged,.
- He was entirely free from pride and undue self-assertion.
- Here the cosmological element is and though naturally this self-assertion seemed blasphemous to those who did not accept him, yet as he had transformed the traditional notion of the kingdom, so did he the current thought of the Messiah.
- Their descendant had neither Edwards sloth nor Henrys moderation; he was capable of going to almost any lengths in pursuit of the gratification of his ambition, his passions, his resentment or his simple love of self-assertion.