Ryan's coworkers were resentful when he was chosen for the position even though they were more qualified.
An example of a resentful person is a person who feels hurt about something that was said.
(comparative more resentful, superlative most resentful)
resent +"Ž -ful
- He was resentful of the time his father spent with his brother.
- She braced herself for the resentful looks.
- He was a little resentful of the time she spent with the other boys.
- He missed the resentful look that usually crossed his brother's face.
- She was a jealous and resentful wife.