- resolutely aiming at a specific goal
- directed toward a specific end; not meaningless
- When you take steps towards achieving a specific aim, those steps are an example of purposeful actions.
- When an action has a point to it and is useful, it is an example of a purposeful action.
The definition of purposeful is having a use, or showing determination to achieve a specific aim.
- Having a purpose; intentional: a purposeful musician.
- Having or manifesting purpose; determined: entered the room with a purposeful look.
(comparative more purposeful, superlative most purposeful)
purpose +"Ž -ful
- Do you condone purposeful killing?
- Unlike a traditional spray on or lotion sunblock, a spray on hair and scalp treatment makes sun protection easier than ever while combining soothing hair and scalp conditioners with a purposeful SPF.
- Besides being a nice purposeful and sentimental favor, bookmarker favors are often a cheap wedding favor alternative if you purchase the paper ones in large quantities.
- The simple, purposeful touch reinforced what she already knew.
- The Design argument elicits from Lotze the criticism that some things look purposeful, but others decidedly purposeless.