The man was pent-up due to his stressful work environment.
The definition of pent-up is something that builds up and isn't expressed or released.
An example of pent-up is when you don't cry when you are sad.
Not given expression; repressed: pent-up emotions.
(comparative more pent-up, superlative most pent-up)
(comparative more pent up, superlative most pent up)
- Alternative spelling of pent-up.
- They can help a child release pent-up frustration and energy, develop social skills, and discover talents, abilities, and interests.
- To date, TPM is the highest grossing Star Wars movie, probably because of the pent-up demand occasioned by the lengthy wait.
- Once the door to freedom is opened, pent-up demand keeps it open, whether openly or underground.
- In doing so, we must be careful to remember that the study of the classics did but give a special impulse to pent-up energies which were bound in one way or another to assert their independence.
- All this time Heloise had lived amid universal esteem for her knowledge and character, uttering no word under the doom that had fallen upon her youth; but now, at last, the occasion came for expressing all the pent-up emotions of her soul.