- any of a genus (Neotoma) of North American rats that often carry off and hide small articles in their nests
- Informal a person who habitually saves unneeded, miscellaneous items
pack ratpack rat
- Any of various small rodents of the genus Neotoma of North and Central America that collect in or around their nests a great variety of small objects. Also called trade rat . Also called woodrat .
- Western US A petty thief.
- Informal A collector or accumulator of miscellaneous objects.
(plural pack rats)
- Alternative spelling of pack rat.