- one who is outside or not included; specif.,
- one not a member of or in sympathy with a given group
- one who is socially or emotionally isolated
- a contender given little chance of winning
- a. One who is excluded from or does not belong to a group, association, or set.b. One who is isolated or detached from the activities or concerns of his or her own community.
- A contestant given little chance of winning; a long shot.
- One who is not part of a community or organization.
- While the initiated easily understand the symbols, they are wholly inaccessible to outsiders.
- A newcomer with little or no experience in an organization or community.
- Seeing the mess professional politicians have made of things is it any wonder the electorate is beginning to prefer outsiders.
- A competitor or contestant who has little chance of winning; a long shot; a dark horse
- Johnny was an outsider at this years karate tournament, but he still managed to win second place out of sheer determination.
outside +"Ž -er