- Present participle of mesmerize.
- The definition of mesmerizing is someone or something so fascinating or interesting that you cannot look away or cannot stop thinking about it.
A stunning girl with beauty that makes men stop in their tracks is an example of someone who would be described as mesmerizing.
- Mesmerizing is defined as capturing and holding someone's attention.
When a movie captures your attention and you simply cannot look away, this is an example of when the movie is mesmerizing.
- The steady downward spiral of snowflakes was mesmerizing, peaceful.
- His magic filled the space around them, bending light and shadows in a way she found as mesmerizing as flames or the falling snow.