A little girl plays in her make-believe castle.
- The definition of make believe is when you pretend that something is true or real even when it is not.
An example of make believe is when you say you are a princess, although you really are not.
- Make believe is defined as something that is pretend or that is not real.
An example of make believe is a castle that you pretend you live in but that really doesn't exist at all.
- Alternative form of make-believe.
- The quality or act of pretending; assuming something is true when in fact one knows it is not.
(usually uncountable, plural make believes)
- The act of pretending that what is imaginary is real.
(comparative more make believe, superlative most make believe)
- imaginary; conjured in someone's imagination, especially when imagined by a child
- "I feel silly about asking for a clarification about make-believe."
- Did Tom Cruise forget that he only plays Mission Impossible IMF agent Ethan Hunt in movies and that Tom Cruise, the man who plays make-believe characters to earn a living, is, in fact, not a real spy?
- Preschool children who are beginning to express themselves through language are not yet able to make a clear distinction between reality and make-believe.
- Everybody loves a bit of make-believe, and dating sims RPG games bring that into the realm of flirtation, romance, and sometimes even real-life love.
- This playhouse comes with accessories, such as pretend food and tableware, to complete the make-believe experience.