- a story about fairies, giants, magic deeds, etc.
- an account regarded as highly romantic or as fantastic or unbelievable
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is a fairy tale.
- An example of a fairy tale is the story of the Three Little Pigs.
- An example of a fairy tale life is a person with a loving spouse, loving and obedient children, a big house and all the money in the world.
- An example of a person living in a fairy tale world is someone who imagines that every problem she has will solve itself magically tomorrow.
The definition of a fairy tale is a story, often with a moral or happy ending.
- A fanciful tale of legendary deeds and creatures, usually intended for children.
- A fictitious, highly fanciful story or explanation.
- Of or relating to a fairy tale.
- Likened to a fairy tale: a fairy-tale romance that preceded the royal wedding.
(plural fairy tales)
- Of the nature of a fairy tale; as if from a fairy tale.
- a fairy-tale romance
- On a night of glamour, you want everything to be fairy-tale perfect.
- Think fairy-tale inspired dresses featuring airy materials, shimmering fabrics, and even sparkles-though always in good taste.
- Tiny Tots Dress Shop: Little princesses dress in fairy-tale style with one of these Easter dresses.
- These ultra-girly items can range from airy fairy-tale themes to classic tea-party looks.
- You'll also encounter fairy-tale characters like Little Red Riding Hood.