- a knocking out or being knocked out
- a blow that knocks out
- Boxing a victory won when the opponent is knocked out
- Slang a very attractive or striking person or thing
- a. The act of knocking out.b. The state of being knocked out.c. A blow that knocks out an opponent.
- Sports a. A victory in boxing in which one's opponent is unable to rise from the canvas within a specified time after being knocked down or is judged too injured to continue.b. The act of winning a boxing match in this way: won the fight by a knockout.
- Slang A strikingly attractive or impressive person or thing.
- Capable of knocking someone out: a knockout punch; knockout drops put in a drink.
- Strikingly attractive or impressive.
- Genetics Having a specific single gene inactivated or removed by genetic manipulation: knockout mice used in an experiment.
- The act of making someone unconscious, or at least unable to come back on their feet within a certain period of time; a TKO.
- The boxer scored a knockout on his opponent.
- The deactivation of anything.
- (informal) Something wildly popular, entertaining, or funny.
- If you've ever had a sack race, you know it's a real knockout for kids and adults alike.
- (informal) A very attractive person, especially a beautiful woman.
- A partially punched opening meant for optional later removal.
- They left a knockout in the panel for running extra wires someday.
- (genetics) The deactivation of a particular gene.
- (genetics) A creature engineered with a particular gene deactivated.
- (printing) An event where a foreground color causes a background color not to print.
- (sports) A tournament, in which a team or player must beat the opponent in order to progress to the next round.
- the knockout stages of the competition
- knock one's socks off
- knock out
- technical knockout, TKO
From knock out.
knockout - Medical Definition
adj. also knock-out (nŏk′out′)