Origin of in-your-faceprobably from be (or get) in someone's face (see phrase under face)
in your facein-your-face
The definition of in your face is bold or confrontational.
A intense game of football where players are constantly being thrown to the ground is an example of a game that is in your face.
Slang done, expressed, or presented in a bold, direct, and often aggressive way; confrontational, assertive, daring, etc.: an in-your-face conversational manner
Marked by or done in a bold, defiant, or aggressive manner: in-your-face advertising; an in-your-face challenge to authority.
- Details like carefully placed appliques, slightly sheer material and lace trim can all contribute just the right amount of suggestiveness without being too in-your-face sexy.
- Often, they're influenced by popular culture or a current event in the entertainment or political world, and they can showcase subtle or in-your-face in their sentiments.
- Achieving a style that borders on unusual or that is in-your-face eccentric is simple with the help of a strong styling product.
- It's designed to be a bold, in-your-face expression of a man's sexuality.
- Sometimes that's sexier than in-your-face racy styles.