- very beautiful or pleasurable
- suspenseful: a heart-stopping ninth inning
The definition of heart stopping is some experience or something that is so shocking, exciting, exhilarating or scary that it seems like it will result in your heart stopping its beat.
An example of heart stopping is the experience of jumping out of an airplane with a parachute.
very exciting, deeply moving, etc.; specif.,
(comparative more heartstopping, superlative most heartstopping)
(comparative more heart-stopping, superlative most heart-stopping)
- Alternative spelling of heartstopping.
- California's Bay Area, southwest Missouri, Louisiana, and Maryland offer excellent skydiving opportunities for a heart-stopping honeymoon spot.
- These shoes don't come cheap: a pair of leather ballet flats costs in the region of $290, while those riding boots are a heart-stopping $890.
- The Volturi line of Twilight eyeshadows are available in 7 heart-stopping shades.