A homeless man asleep on the street.
- The definition of homeless is not having a place to live or sleep.
Someone who stays in a shelter is an example of homeless.
- Homeless is defined as the group of people who have no place to live or sleep.
The people lined up outside a shelter in the evening are an example of homeless.
having no home; without a permanent place of residence
those typically poor or sometimes mentally ill people who are unable to maintain a place to live and therefore often may sleep in the streets, parks, etc.
Having no home or haven.
nounused with a pl. verb
People without homes considered as a group. Often used with the.
- She was a homeless girl – kind of put me in mind of you.
- They sat on that table for two weeks, then I finally took them to a homeless shelter.
- Suddenly facts fell into place, previously homeless happenings began making sense, and a picture arranged itself in Dean's mind.
- In a speech to the House of Representatives at this same time, Congressman Davy Crockett told the story of getting chewed out by a constituent for voting for a $20,000 emergency relief bill for the homeless in a city just wiped out by a fire.
- Farestart is more than a top restaurant, it's a program that gives homeless and disadvantaged people the chance to learn cooking skills, placing them in restaurant jobs.