- Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or the object of a preposition.He congratulated himself.
- Used for emphasis.He himself found the courage.
- Used in an absolute construction.In the black himself, he could offer financial assistance to his cousin.
He's feeling himself again.
- As an intensifier.He said so himself.
- As a reflexive.He hurt himself.
- With the meaning “his real, true, or normal self” [he is not himself today].
- As a subject.himself will have his tea now.