The side or slope of a hill, situated between the foot and the summit.
- The side of a hill.
- Diamantina is built partly on a steep hillside overlooking a small tributary of the Rio Jequitinhonha (where diamond-washing was once carried on), and partly on the level plain above.
- The tombs, which are chambers cut in tiers in the hard clay of the hillside, were used with few exceptions for repeated burials, and the ejected offerings had been scattered down the slope.
- "Do you see that big rock standing on the hillside yonder?" he continued, pointing with his finger.
- They rode out of the forest on the hillside above the guest house and rested the horses again.
- The plan here too was roughly quadrangular with a central court, but owing to the erosion of the hillside a good deal of the eastern quarter has disappeared.