- Present participle of have.
Having is defined as the state of possessing, owning or holding something.
An example of having is the owning of $1,000 in a bank account.
- I'm having too much fun.
- What would give him the idea that she enjoyed having him carry her across the creek?
- At last, having become quite rich, he decided to go home.
- He and Uncle Hugson have been having a fine visit.
- Pierre paid no more attention to this occurrence than to the rest of what went on, having made up his mind once for all that what he saw happening around him that evening was in some way essential.