frequented, inhabited, etc. by a ghost or ghosts
(comparative more haunted, superlative most haunted)
- simple past tense and past participle of haunt
- According to local legend, a ghost has haunted the mansion for two hundred years.
- A haunted look crossed her face.
- Her scent haunted the chamber.
- Although an enemy of idealogues, in his foreign policy Napoleon was haunted by grandiose visions.
- Dustin approached, his gaze as haunted as Darian's.
- The two visions that haunted her since she was a child were forefront in her mind.