- Mil. Slang service stripe
- Football any of the segments of the inbounds line marked on the field at the yard lines: they mark the point at which the ball is put back in play after it has been grounded outside an inbounds line
hash markhash mark
- A service stripe on the sleeve of an enlisted person's uniform.
- Football A mark in either of two series placed on the field perpendicular to the yard lines and used for spotting the ball.
- The symbol (#), especially when used as the start of a hashtag.
Origin of hash markAlteration of hatch 3