- A person who holds down two jobs to work his way through college is an example of someone who would be described as hardworking.
- A computer that is used all day, every day to perform complex tasks is an example of a hardworking computer.
The definition of hardworking is a term used to describe a person or thing that is diligent or zealous at completing a task.
also written hard-working
(comparative more hardworking, superlative most hardworking)
- Of a person, taking their work seriously and doing it well and rapidly.
- Once you arrive at the station, see if you can take a tour of the fire truck and let your kids pay their gratitude to the hardworking, helping hands in your city.
- A telesvision fixture since 1999, SpongeBob is a silly, goofy, hardworking, and lovable yellow sponge who can make just about anybody giggle.
- If you still cannot sell off all your cards, give them as thank you presents to your organization's hardworking volunteers - and at least internally you will reap rewards.
- Since Kmart makes a point of promoting from within, the company is always on the lookout for hardworking people that it can train for more responsible positions.
- Not only is this a mature and hardworking team, but many of these ladies hold such high powered jobs as a stock market analyst, or are partners in business.