half sisterhalf sister
An example of a half sister is the baby your mother has with her new husband after your dad has left.
(plural half sisters)
From Middle English half-süster, equivalent to half- + sister. Compare Dutch halfzus, halfzuster (“half-sister”), German Halbschwester (“half-sister”), Swedish halvsyster (“half-sister”), Icelandic hálf-systir (“half-sister”).
- Alternative spelling of half sister.
- Over the years, OLTL has attempted to rehabilitate the character through relationships with Viki (his revealed half-sister), Blair (former wife and mother of two of his children), Tea (former wife and attorney) and his daughter Starr.
- Her interest stemmed from concern for her half-sister who had the disease and sadly passed from it, but Mackenzie Rosman continues to advocate for the foundation.
- George found himself with a new group of interns when he failed his residency exam and Meredith coped with the arrival of her half-sister in the intern program.
- The daughter of rock star Steven Tyler and half-sister to actress Liv Tyler, fame was bound to happen to this curvy model.
- Dakota Jordan Pike is Michele Smith's daughter by her ex-husband Craig Pike, and she is Shayne and AJ's half-sister.