- having a grille
- cooked on a grill or gridiron; broiled
- simple past tense and past participle of grill
- The meat was grilled as this was considered the healthier option.
- She grilled him over his whereabouts the previous night.
(comparative more grilled, superlative most grilled)
- Cooked on a grill.
- As if cooked on a grill.
- After a day in the sun, he looked more grilled than his hamburger.
- Fitted with a grille.
grille + -ed
- Martha prepared grilled cheese sandwiches for our lunch.
- Jackson grilled steaks for dinner, and when they were through cleaning up, Elisabeth said, "I better get down there."
- After homemade chicken soup and a grilled cheese sandwiches we returned to the office.
- There were a half dozen messages from both Julie and Howie from California but in view of our frenzied day, decided to let them simmer until after a much relished glass or two of wine and Molly's carefully grilled hot dogs and cheese bread.
- Fred, who could find a mystery in a grilled cheese sandwich, hardly stirred.