- a framework of parallel bars; grating
- a network of evenly spaced horizontal and vertical bars or lines, esp. one for locating points when placed over a map, chart, etc.
- a system for distributing electric power throughout a region
- on a speedway, the order in which racing cars start
- Elec. a conductive framework of metal plates in a storage cell or battery, that contains lead or a lead compound, esp. a lead oxide, and reacts with the electrolyte
- Electronics any gridlike or spiral-shaped electrode positioned between a cathode and anode to control the flow of electrons or ions in an electron tube
Origin of gridshort for gridiron
Origin of grid< gridiron (sense )