- of or according to geography
- with reference to the geography of a particular region
The definition of geographical is relating to the landscape of the earth.
An example of something geographical is the study of each state's location.
(comparative more geographical, superlative most geographical)
geographic + -al
- The small British province of Ajmere-Merwara is also included within the geographical area of Rajputana.
- Amongst Conifers Cedrus is especially noteworthy; it is represented by geographical races in the north-west Himalaya, in Syria, Cyprus and North Africa.
- Its complexity reflects the corresponding intricacy of geographical and geological evolution.
- We arrive thus at the essential aim of geographical botany, which, as stated by Schimper, is an inquiry into the causes of differences existing among the various floras.
- In 1879 a congress assembled in the rooms of the Geographical Society at Paris, under the presidency of Admiral de la Ronciere le Noury, and voted in favour of the making of the Panama Canal.