This woman is frightened by a bug.
The definition of frightened is afraid, anxious or feeling fear.
When your house is being robbed by an armed gunman, this is an example of a time when you would be frightened.
filled with fright; terrified
- simple past tense and past participle of frighten
- I've never been so frightened in my life.
- He was frightened and ready to cry.
- Are you frightened of him?
- The encounter had frightened him more than he would admit.
- He drew the curtain aside and for some time his frightened, restless eyes could not find the baby.