Origin of foughtMiddle English fauht from Old English feaht, 3d person; personal (grammar) singular , past indicative , of feohtan
Fought is defined as to have participated in a verbal or physical disagreement, or to have overcome something.
An example of fought is to have battled with depression.
Past tense and past participle of fight
- simple past tense and past participle of fight
- She hadn't fought him since.
- She fought for control.
- The battle was fought and thousands were killed on both sides.
- She fought back tears, not wanting to cry in front of him.
- Her parents fought and forgave.