any weapon from which a shot is fired by the force of an explosion; esp., such a weapon small enough to be carried, as a rifle or pistol
A weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
- A personal weapon that uses explosive powder to propel a metal (usually lead) projectile.
- Gun owners should take a firearms safety course to learn the correct and safe way to use the firearm, and they should practice firearm safety.
- For every one child killed by a firearm in the United States each year, four are injured.
- For example, it's almost impossible to have a firearm in Japan.
- Considering that I passed the opening sequence five times with my superior marksmanship, I was pretty sure I knew how to handle a firearm.
- Statistics prove that American children are more at risk from firearm death or injury than children of any other industrialized nation.