Land suitable or used for farming.
(usually uncountable, plural farmlands)
- You have access to the adjacent farmland; so, use the meadow for feeding.
- By 2005, there was at least some certified farmland in every state in the U.S. Today over two percent of the foods we eat are produced using organic practices.
- California is home to endless days of sunshine, glorious beaches and acres of farmland, but what many people don't realize is that there are some real haunted places in California!
- Considering the volume of farmland in North Dakota, it would make sense that web design experts in the state would focus on providing online services that local farms may need.
- The first wagon train of 120 settlers arrived here on May 8, 1846 - and each of these first immigrants was given a town lot and ten acres of nearby farmland.