faint + -ly
- If you speak barely above a whisper and people can only kind-of hear you in the crowd, this is an example of when you speak faintly.
- If a color yellow has some slight green undertones, this is an example of when the yellow looks faintly green.
Faintly is defined as slightly, weakly or barely there.
- Jenn smiled faintly with a nod.
- Jenn smiled faintly, comforted by the presence of her friend.
- He smelled faintly of cologne.
- He smiled faintly, knowing how hard it was to rile up his trusted Guardian.
- Her voice sounded faintly annoyed.