One that excavates, especially a machine used for digging having a bucket attached to a two-part boom and a rotating cab for the operator.
- Though he plays the role of excavator Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark, actor John Rhys-Davies is probably best known currently for his role of Gimli in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- The world of Sasquatch sightings was silent again until 1958 when excavator Jerry Crew claimed that he found large footprints at a job site in California.
- By dredging, or some form of mechanical excavator, until the formation is reached which is to support the pier; the concrete is then shot into the enclosed space from a height of about io ft., and rammed down in layers about i ft.
- The excavator also claimed to have found the omphalos itself.
- But two difficulties face the would-be excavator in Alexandria.