- a power-driven excavating vehicle with a hinged bucket at the end of a long, jointed arm: it digs by drawing the bucket toward the power unit
- the digging mechanism of this vehicle
A mechanical excavator whose bucket is attached by a hinge to a two-part arm and is drawn backward to the machine when in operation.
(third-person singular simple present backhoes, present participle backhoeing, simple past and past participle backhoed)
- To excavate using such equipment.
- As you research what wind power generator meets your requirements, including your budget, be sure to take into consideration other equipment you'll need for installation such as a backhoe and crane.
- This is the occation for one of the most impressive 'cat fights' in film history, as Ripley dons a mechanical 'loadlifter' (a kind of wearable backhoe) to do hand-to-hand combat.
- You will not need to hire a backhoe to dig out an area for the pool, there'll be no concrete to pour and no in-ground water system will be installed.