An example of an establishment is a restaurant.
An example of an establishment is the tradition of fireworks on 4th of July.
- An arranged order or system, especially a legal code.
- A permanent civil, political, or military organization.
- An established church.
- A place of residence or business with its possessions and staff.
- A public or private institution, such as a hospital or school.
A coalition of downtown dining establishments.
It's often necessary to question the establishment to get things done.
- A group of people holding most of the power and influence in a government or society. Often used with the.
- A controlling group in a given field of activity. Often used with the.
- the dominant group or forces of a society or nation, characterized esp. by opposition to change
- the ruling inner circle or dominant group of any field of endeavor, organization, institution, etc.
Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
Origin of establishment
- Old French establissement, (Modern French établissement) from the verb establir.