Origin of drawersfrom draw: because one draws them on
an undergarment, long or short, for the lower part of the body, with a separate opening for each leg; underpants
- A chest of drawers with copper handles sat beside the bed - and what a bed it was.
- There was an old treadle sewing machine with carved drawers and even a grandfathers' clock, stating the permanent time of three p.m.
- There is a chest of drawers and a three-quarter bed in the attic.
- I made my way back to the kitchen and turned on the gas stove burner for enough light to rummage through drawers until I located a box of wooden matches.
- Unnerved by the idea of being somewhere she clearly didn't belong, she opened drawers until she found a pair of shears.