a place where distilling is carried on; specif., an establishment where alcoholic liquors are distilled
An establishment for distilling, especially for distilling alcoholic liquors.
distill + -ery (“place of”).
- Barbados: Pink and white sand beaches make this a romantic destination, while snorkeling with sea turtles, visiting a rum distillery, and numerous cave and horseback tours offer ample opportunity for more active pursuits.
- Our studio is located in a wonderful, old Rum Distillery in Boston that houses loads of artisans and crafts people with whom he sometimes partners for different projects.
- It has a pottery, a brewery, a distillery and some trade in agricultural produce.
- The latter is known as the sadr or central distillery system.
- Etienne (16th century) and the Benedictine liqueur distillery,' a modern building which also contains a museum, are of some interest.