- foolish or empty talk, notions, plans, etc.; nonsense
- smuggled whiskey
- whiskey unlawfully distilled; often, specif., such whiskey made from corn and not matured in barrels
- Informal Foolish talk or thought; nonsense.
- Illegally distilled liquor, especially whiskey. Also called Also called regionally white lightning .
intransitive verbmoon·shined, moon·shin·ing, moon·shines
- (literally) The light of the moon; moonlight.
- Illegally distilled liquor, so named because much of the manufacturing process is often conducted without artificial light at night when the moon is shining.
- They watered down the moonshine.
- (colloquial) nonsense
- He was talking moonshine.
- (mathematics) A branch of pure mathematics relating the monster group to an invariant of elliptic functions; see monstrous moonshine.
- (US) A spiced dish of eggs and fried onions.