A very dejected looking group.
The definition of dejected is sad, depressed or in low spirits.
An example of someone who would be dejected is someone who has just lost his job and who is feeling very low.
Being in low spirits; depressed. See Synonyms at depressed.
- simple past tense and past participle of deject
- We plodded on for a few more months but were becoming more and more dejected, and then we discussed ending the venture.
- "Apparently I was wrong," he said in a dejected tone.
- The despairing, dejected expression of Natasha's face caught his eye.
- Connor responded with a dejected, "Hi."
- Kutuzov, dejected and frowning, sat on a bench by the bridge toying with his whip in the sand when a caleche dashed up noisily.