(third-person singular simple present beats down, present participle beating down, simple past beat down, past participle beaten down)
- (of the sun or rain) to strike with great force.
- We had to leave the beach because the sun was really beating down.
- It was a ghastly morning, with the rain beating down in sheets.
- To haggle someone to sell at a lower price.
- I managed to beat him down to half his original asking price.
- (slang) to severely beat someone up
(plural beat downs)
- Alternative spelling of beatdown.