- An example of someone who does administrative work is a secretary.
- An example of administrative work is doing filing.
The definition of administrative are people involved in carrying out duties and responsibilities or in tasks required to carry out duties and responsibilities.
of or connected with administration; executive
(comparative more administrative, superlative most administrative)
From administrate + -ive
- It was not till 1865 that the administrative unity of Italy was realized.
- Lingah, with its principal place Bander Lingah and i 1 villages, formerly a part of Laristan, is now included in the "Persian Gulf Ports," a separate administrative division.
- First there is the office or cabinet of the prefect for the general police (la police gnrale), with bureaus for various objects, such as the safety of the president of the republic, the regulation and order of public ceremonies, theatres, amusements and entertainments, &c.; secondly, the judicial police (la police judiciaire), with numerous bureaus also, in constant communication with the courts of judicature; thirdly, the administrative police (la police administrative) including bureaus, which superintend navigation, public carriages, animals, public health, &c. Concurrently with these divisions there is the municipal police, which comprises all the agents in enforcing police regulations in the streets or public thoroughfares, acting under the orders of a chief (chef de la police municipale) with a central bureau.
- The town hall and the parochial offices are the principal administrative buildings.
- For the administrative organization of education in France see EDUCATION.