- that cannot be measured by time; unending
- transcending time; eternal
- restricted to no specific time; always valid, true, or applicable
- Obs. untimely
The definition of timeless is something that cannot be measured by time or does not go out of style.
A movie that is just as popular and relevant today as it was in 1950 is an example of a timeless movie.
- Independent of time; eternal: the timeless struggle between good and evil.
- Seemingly unaffected by time; ageless: a timeless village on the coast.
(comparative more timeless, superlative most timeless)
time +"Ž -less
- This timeless town with an interesting old cathedral offers a genteel option for those seeking a quieter alternative to the larger resorts.
- Shakespeare remains so popular because he wrote about timeless human experiences: love and fear and envy, anger and revenge and jealousy, ambition and regret and guilt.
- Further, as the causes are eternal, timeless, so creation is eternal, timeless.
- The timeless foreknowledge of the Deity foresees human actions as contingent, not as causally determined.
- Further, by means of such motion these actual occurrences, which are in themselves timeless, fall for an observer in a definite time - a time which becomes continuous through the partial coincidence of events.