The definition of ongoing is something that is still going on at the present time and that is going to continue.
An example of something that would be described as ongoing is an investigation that is still underway about a crime .
- Currently taking place: an ongoing festival.
- In progress or evolving.
(comparative more ongoing, superlative most ongoing)
- Something that is going on; a happening.
- going on
- This action will culminate the editioning of this piece as an ongoing process, culminating when the entire edition is sold.
- In rural areas, the ongoing marginalization of poor farmers has led them to depend increasingly upon subsistence agriculture.
- Information will be disseminated on an ongoing basis as the work progresses.
- The dichotomy of nature versus nurture is an ongoing debate.
- The parent took away the toys because of the children's ongoing disputes.