- Archaic the quality or fact of being a person; personhood
- Archaic the quality or fact of being a particular person; personal identity; individuality
- qualities of any individual as expressed by attitudes and physical and mental activities; distinctive individual qualities of a person, considered collectively
- the complex of qualities and characteristics seen as being distinctive to a group, nation, place, etc.
- the sum of such qualities seen as being capable of making, or likely to make, a favorable impression on other people
- Informal personal attractiveness; engaging manner or qualities
- a person; specif.,
- a notable person; personage
- a person known for appearances on TV, radio, etc.
- [pl.] remarks, usually of an offensive or disparaging nature, aimed at or referring to a person
Origin of personalityMiddle English personalite from Late Latin personalitas from personalis, personal