An example of star is what makes up the Big Dipper constellation.
An example of star is a drawing of a five-sided point of light.
An example of a star is Brad Pitt.
An example of star is when you play the love interest in a romantic comedy movie.
A star researcher; a star figure skater.
A star performer.
- To be dazzled or enraptured, as with romantic love.
- To experience bright, flashing sensations, as from a blow to the head.
- To experience the sensation of lights brightly flashing before the eyes, as from a blow on the head.
- To be thankful for what appears to be good luck.
Origin of star
- Middle English sterre from Old English steorra ster-3 in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition